One of Us as a Peace Corps Writers Book
This email made my morning! I was first introduced to Peace Corps Writers after fellow RPCV Nick Duncan published his book Tales from a Mzungu through this platform. He had a great experience working with their staff and I'm glad to start this process!
The goal of Peace Corps Writers is in line with the Peace Corps third goal of bringing the world back home. Through publishing books of writers who have served as Peace Corps Volunteers or staff, readers get a glimpse of the countries we serve and what Peace Corps service is all about.
Benefits of publishing through Peace Corps Writers:
- Hard copies of One of Us will be printed on demand through CreateSpace
- Peace Corps Writers logo will be on the back book cover
- One of Us will be sold through Amazon.com
- Eventually, One of Us will be featured on the website with an announcement of publication, listed in "New Books by Peace Corps Writers," an interview, and a review of One of Us
- Working with Marian, their wise and supportive staff!
At this point, One of Us needs a professional copy-edit and specific formatting for print. I've contacted a couple of contractors and they are on board. The lowest estimate is around $2500-3000. If you are interested in financially supporting One of Us, head over to the Contact page and send us an email!
To stay up to date on the book progress, click on the button in the footer of this page.
What do you think could be possible benefits of a book about the realities that sexual assault survivors must live through when seeking legal justice? What would you be the most interested in learning about?